Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jesus, Heavenly Father, and....Santa Claus?

Last night we were having a family home evening about Temples. I got on LDS.org and showed Alice all of the pictures of the temples. Alice had, what I consider to be, the appropriate response. She said, "OOOH! Oh! Pretty Temple." This is the conversation that followed after I saw how interested she was:

Me: "Yes, it's pretty, huh."

Alice: "Pretty Temple"

Me: "Do you know that the temple is Jesus' house?"

Alice: "Jesus house?"

Me: "Yep. Jesus lives there, and so does Heavenly Father."

Alice: "Heavenly Father and Jesus house."

Me: "That's right. Jesus and Heavenly Father live in the temple."

Alice: "Jesus, Heavenly Father. Santa Claus!"

Me: "No, not Santa Claus. Just Jesus and Heavenly Father."

Alice (dropping her head, and said quite disappointingly): "Oh, no."

3 comments:

  1. Hey! No, I don't do taxes, sorry. I do payroll taxes at work, and my own super-simple tax return, but I wouldn't trust me with your income taxes. I know a good guy though, Mike at 801-443-1090 (ask for him). Not sure what he costs. But he's way nice and will get you all the deductions he possibly can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!! I can't believe how much she is talking! That's fun when they talk early because they say the cutest things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Santa Claus is a fictional character, but have some similarities with our Heavenly Father as well, like the beard, the good heart and also he works for mankind, especially new generations..

    ReplyDelete

What It's Like Grading Papers: A Play in Two Scenes

Cast:  • Person #1 • Person #2 • John Doe • Person #3 Person #1 is sitting at a desk, writing something. Person #2 Enters with a Joh...