Monday, September 29, 2008

It's Our Little Gummy Bear

It is official! We are going to have a little baby, who currently looks like a gummy bear (so says my doctor), but hopefully will grow out of that...but if s/he doesn't, we will still love him/her as our own.

Currently, I am 9 weeks and 5 days, which puts me due on April 29, 2009. There is very little dispute on this date, since I know exactly when I got knocked-up: August 6, 2008 at exactly 10:45 A.M. This is the beauty of modern-day technology. (Don't worry...I'm not giving you our ... schedule. We got pregnant by IUI). We already have stellar names picked out, which we refuse to tell anyone because I know everyone will love them and steal them, since baby-making is the regular past-time in my ward. And we aren't going to find out if s/he's a she or a he until the big day in April. Just to drive everyone nuts, including my mother and my mother-in-law. I haven't been sick at all, just really tired, and I am not a nice person when I don't eat. Just ask my A3 class, whom I yelled at for turning in their assignments. On time. In the right basket. On the due date. Yeah. Big-time B#%@^. But just feed me, and I am the nicest person in the world!

We went to the doctor for our very first appointment today. It was very exciting. I was starting to get scared that there wasn't anything in there because I haven't had many symptoms or anything. It's unreal, when you've waited as long as we have, to actually believe that there is really a little person floating around inside me. And s/he was floating, boy. That kid was kicking and punching and waving. S/he looked kind of like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when Charlie and Grandpa Joe drink the soda and it makes them float and they have to belch to get down. We were so excited and happy and just so glad that it's finally true.
However, I will be breaking the tradition of the floating fetus. Even though my fetus was floating...but Joe can't stand it, and honestly, I get a little creeped out by the thing. I did buy a shirt that says, "The Hottest Fetus Ever," because I thought it was hilarious. And my fetus is probably the hottest ever. Even though it looks like a floating, kicking, gummy bear.

I would just like to say thanks to everyone out there who was rooting for us. I know there were a lot of prayers sent our way, and I know our names were on many a temple roll. And I know everyone has been very concerned, and we are so grateful to know so many wonderful people and have so many great friends that care about us. And I would like to thank the academy, and of course, my manager.

18 comments:

  1. WAHOOOO!! I am so proud of you for posting so fast. Now that you have blogged about it, I can tell everyone! We are so excited for you and await the time that we can teach your little one all the bad things to do. It's payback time Joe! Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! Our babies can play together....Congrats, and I couldn't be happier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Yea! Yea! I am So happy for you guys! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHEW!!! I was tired of holding it in and not telling anybody. I didn't see you thanking the fans... without whom this post wouldn't have been possible

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Sarah! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sarah,
    Just wanted to say congrats to the both of you! So much fun, also that is great that you haven't been sick at all, hopefully it continues that way! Make sure you invite me to a baby shower for you, I don't live too far away!
    Jaime Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Sarah! I am so excited for you guys. This is the best news ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOORAY!!!! I am so happy for you, and I am glad you aren't feeling sick. That is a big bonus.

    And, I think April is a perfect time to have a baby - just in time for some summer fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO EXCITING!!! YAY SARAH AND CUTE HUBBY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS!! We couldn't be happier for you guys. Bishop & RaChell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! I am glad you get to have your tiny baby! And I will say that it is the cutest little gummy bear I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah!!! Yeah!!! Kristin tipped me off and told me to check your blog. I'm so happy for you and Joe. I'm glad you haven't been sick. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAAAAAAAAAY!
    I am so so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, we am SOOOO happy for you guys! It's so exciting and I'm so happy you blogged about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Sarah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats!! I didn't know you were having a hard time conceiving. It really takes the fun out of baby makikng doesn't it. Oh well they are still so worth it. I'm really glad you aren't sick, that would make your job really hard. I just starting reading Austenland for bookclub, and am loving it. I can't wait to go to book club. I've never been to one so I'm a little nervous, but what could I say wrong in front of friends? Hopefully you'll all still love me in the end.

    ReplyDelete

What It's Like Grading Papers: A Play in Two Scenes

Cast:  • Person #1 • Person #2 • John Doe • Person #3 Person #1 is sitting at a desk, writing something. Person #2 Enters with a Joh...