Monday, October 08, 2007

Oh Baby, Baby

In the immortal words of Britney Spears, "Oh baby, baby, how was I supposed to know..." Our baby news is not good. We have hit yet another brick wall in our quest to become pregnant, but all hope is not lost yet. We are just going to have to get a little creative. So hopefully next year....

So October is in full swing, and as Ray Bradbury says, "October is a rare month." I think I have to say that October is my favorite month. The weather becomes bearable, hoodies are a staple in the wardrobe, General Conference allows us to attend church in jammies, the leaves die gracefully in a flourish of color, and, most importantly, daylight savings ends and for one day we get ONE EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP! Except this year, darn Pres. Bush pushed ending daylight savings back two weeks--I say we impeach the jerk for that, forget the war in Iraq (that we are fighting because the Afghanis bombed us six years ago--explain THAT one!)

This week is a glorious week because it is fall break (formerly UEA, but they changed it because no teacher in their right minds would go to three days of workshops and lectures if it wasn't required, or if they weren't getting paid for it). And the best thing about this week? I only have A day once. I don't like two out of three classes on A day, so this week is looking up.

Updates on our weekend to Bear Lake (it'll be cold) coming up!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for UEA weekend as well, that means I'll have a husband for a few days. I think we are going up to Park City. I'm glad to see you writing. I check your blog a lot, I always enjoy what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, my friend McKenna is having a really hard time getting pregnant too. Her link is on my blog "Josh and Kenna."

    ReplyDelete

What It's Like Grading Papers: A Play in Two Scenes

Cast:  • Person #1 • Person #2 • John Doe • Person #3 Person #1 is sitting at a desk, writing something. Person #2 Enters with a Joh...