Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I need a picture?


So it has been brought to my attention that I need more pictures on my blog. Unfortunately, I have yet to join the rest of the technological world and purchase a digital camera, so getting pictures on is kind of a pain the in the ever-growing rear end. For some reason, I really don't want a digital camera, because knowing me, I would never get pictures. I would never print them. They would just hang out, chillin' with the storage card (I don't even know what that is). The real truth, if you want to know, is I love the surprise film brings. I really do.

I have a problem remembering to get my film developed. A problem that my husband gets really annoyed with. But let me tell you something--I secretly love it. I love taking in three or four rolls at a time, with no idea what is on them, and getting pictures back that I don't even remember taking! It's like Christmas! It's like getting a bag full of memories at your doorstep--memories that you forgot about. It's great.

And like Halee Barry said on Oprah (even though I don't like Oprah--she's racist, but this is another story) when I was flipping through the channels: there are so little surprises now days, that you kind of have to create your own. And I do love surprises. My dream is to have a surprise birthday party someday, but I can't tell anyone to throw one, because then it wouldn't be a surprise. Damn the paradox!

But back to the picture thing--I don't really have a recent picture of Joe and me (yes, that is the proper pronoun) because of the aforementioned ever-widening rear end. But I will slap an old one on there just so Kristin will read my blog...

Happy October, everyone. Thank goodness for the end of first term! Only three more to go!

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts. I totally love finding old rolls of film too, it's so fun.

    ReplyDelete

What It's Like Grading Papers: A Play in Two Scenes

Cast:  • Person #1 • Person #2 • John Doe • Person #3 Person #1 is sitting at a desk, writing something. Person #2 Enters with a Joh...