Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Three Months!




It's hard to believe, but it's true. My little Alice is three months old! She is so cute and so fun. I never thought such a little person could make our lives so much happier! So, what can Alice do now that she's three months? Well, Alice can:

*Support weight on her legs, and she LOVES to stand. I can't get her to sit half the time. She loves to stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down, stand up...you get the idea. Over and over again.
*Goo and coo and laugh. When I say goo and coo, what I really mean is squawk and yell. It seems that Alice has inherited Mommy's big voice. I am going to have to take a page out of my mom's book and have to tell Alice to use her "inside voice" in the near future. That is the thing I remember most about my childhood: "Sarah, don't forget to use your inside voice."
* She is packing away the food! She is up to 6 oz every four hours. And I think she wants to start eating big-girl food because every time Joe and I eat, she watches us with very focused intent. The other day, She lunged for Joe's plate of birthday cake and tried to take his fork away from him. Hold on, Little Cutie, you'll get to eat real food soon enough!
* She loves her night light! Her night light is really her baby monitor that sits in her crib, and there have been many nights that I have walked in her room to find her wrist wrapped up in the cord, her head in the corner of the crib, and the night light on her face. We have had to zip tie the cord to the crib so she can't pull it, but it doesn't stop her from wriggling her way to where she is practically laying on top of the light.
* She watches everything SO intently. I can just see the wheels in her head turning, trying to figure everything out.
* She's not a good nap taker, but she is a good night sleeper. We're working on finding a good schedule for naps. It involves a lot of crying. Alice isn't happy about it, either.
* Alice has discovered her fingers.  She sucks on them constantly.  She loves them so much, she gags on them because she stuffs them down her throat so far.  She'll sit under her play gym, suck the fingers on her right hand, and bat at the toys with her left.  She's so funny!


Alice is so cute, and is getting so big! At her last appointment, she was 12 lbs and 24 1/2 inches. She's in the 56% in weight, and 91% in length--yes, she is TALL! And her head is like the 23%. She's gaining wonderfully, and she was such a good girl when she got her shots! It was just the rest of the week she had problems. Happy 3 months, Alice! We are so excited you are here, and we love you so much!

4 comments:

  1. She is SUCH a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I have truly loved watching Reese grow, and it made me a little sad when I read that and remembered when Reese started those same things! And funny that little Alice is 6 months younger than Reese but is the same length and 2 pounds lighter! I wish she would grow out of her 3 month old cloths! I just wanted a fatty sumo baby so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of things you said in this post kind of made you sound like a narrator for an old news reel...

    "Hold on, Little Cutie, you'll get to eat real food soon enough!"

    But you didn't say anything about the boys serving over seas. So it can't be an old news reel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM a narrator for old news reels. Didn't you know that?

    ReplyDelete

What It's Like Grading Papers: A Play in Two Scenes

Cast:  • Person #1 • Person #2 • John Doe • Person #3 Person #1 is sitting at a desk, writing something. Person #2 Enters with a Joh...