Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Week Back...

Well, I survived my first week back to school, and I only cried a couple of times!  I had meetings Monday and Tuesday, with a half-day on Wednesday, and the first day of school Thursday.  When I dropped my sweet girl off at my mom's on Monday, I didn't cry until I got back in the car. I cried all the way to the school, got myself under control, and walked in, fairly confident that I could keep it together for the day.  That was until Brenda, the department head, looked at me and said, "Have you cried yet?"  Then I started bawling again.  

I don't know if this week really counts, though.  My mom had Alice Monday through Wednesday, and Wednesday doesn't really count was a half-day.  And I cheated and took her to work with me.  And Friday I sang in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication choir, so Alice was only at Lisa's until 11:00.  Next week is my real first week away, with no cheating.  I really have to be gone all day, everyday.  Thank goodness for my student teacher--I only have to plan like two weeks worth of lessons until she takes over.  In the meantime, I will look at pictures of my little Alice and race home right at 2:45 to see her.  As a side note, she loves Kyler and Lisa, and doesn't seem to care that I'm not with her, although she was very clingy on Saturday--something that is new.  I don't know if it's because it's just a stage, or if it's because she missed me.  I prefer to think it's because she missed me.

4 comments:

  1. Elise was never really clingy with me until like maybe just before she turned 2...and it wasn't because she missed me. Your lucky she missed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this week. That is great you get a student teacher. I know my priorities really changed after having a baby... I never spend any more time then I have to at school. It really does get easier, and I am sure she missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you survived Sarah! I bet you were wishing the weekends could be longer.
    Well, hopefully we will see you all at Wipeout on Wednesday. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Aunt Brenda can be so nice :) Good luck this year, you'll make it I promise!!

    ReplyDelete

What It's Like Grading Papers: A Play in Two Scenes

Cast:  • Person #1 • Person #2 • John Doe • Person #3 Person #1 is sitting at a desk, writing something. Person #2 Enters with a Joh...