Thursday, August 06, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


Yesterday was our 4 year anniversary! It has been the most wonderful four years ever. Most of you know that Joe and I met in March, were engaged in April, and married in August. There wasn't a whole lot of time to be friends. Well, Joe and I have become the best of friends. The past three and a half years we were together were so fun. We went on dates every weekend, we watched movies, we went to sporting events, we went shopping, we went on vacations. We went through fertility treatments, we had family fights and feuds, we got in a lot of fights with each other, and we cried A LOT. We had the most beautiful little girl together.
I can honestly say that Joe is my best friend. He is the first boyfriend I have ever had that didn't expect me to be better than I already was--he thought I was perfect. He is the first boy that I kissed who didn't immediately ditch me afterward. He was my first official boyfriend, and was eager to wear the label. He was the first friend that I felt like I didn't have to pretend about who I was.
I am so grateful that I married this man, because I almost didn't. I didn't know if I loved him--in fact, when I told my mom we were getting married, she said, "do you love him?" I said, "I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I will by August." I had that much confidence in him. And I still do. Joe gets nervous about the future and about providing for our family. I don't worry, because I know he will do what he needs to do to make sure we're okay. There are a lot of things I don't know, but I do know about Joe, and because I know that, I don't worry.
Yesterday was a wonderful day. Joe got Alice up and fed her for me, and he woke my up with a singing card. He presented me with an iPod he got for a killer deal on eBay, and a subscription to People magazine. I made a carrot cake for us, something I have tried to do every year for our anniversary. This is the first year it actually worked out! Unfortunately, I found out that one slice is 15 points-- half of my caloric allowance for the day. Joe came home early from work, and we played Playstation together and went to a friend's house to watch Wipeout and have pizza. It was a wonderful night, and a perfect day. It wasn't glamourous, or glitzy, or as fancy as Joe would have liked it to be, but I thought it was the perfect celebration of our life together: games, food, friends, and laughter.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! thanks for the year, I can never remember my anniversary date, or how many years we have been married. YEAH for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for spending your anniversary with us! Wipeout is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

What It's Like Grading Papers: A Play in Two Scenes

Cast:  • Person #1 • Person #2 • John Doe • Person #3 Person #1 is sitting at a desk, writing something. Person #2 Enters with a Joh...