Saturday, July 16, 2011

Updates

Lately I have been....

  • going to work meetings. I know this is weird, but really enjoy meetings. I volunteer to go. I get really excited about my profession instead of getting depressed about it, which occasionally happens when you're "in the trenches" as we say. Yes. We really compare teaching to war. And sometimes I get trench foot.
  • Facing up to the reality of no more Harry Potter anticipation. For the REST OF MY LIFE. It's really hard and slightly depressing. I have spent the last 12 years waiting for the next book, the next movie, the guess of who's going to die and who's going to live. It's the end of an era, people. This was a once-in-a-lifetime-series, and I am sure I will never read something like this again.
  • Counting minutes between contractions. I have been contracting regularly almost every night, but apparently this baby is all talk and no action. I was getting really worried last night when they started coming harder and harder--at the beginning of HARRY POTTER. I was like, are you kidding me! But I took Joe's reasoning the last time I went into labor while watching X Men Origins: we're not leaving until it seriously hurts. Well, I made it through the movie (every 4 - 6 minutes) and through the night. Contractions stopped around 2 in the morning, and baby is still here, sitting as low as humanly possible without falling out. The kid is going to have a square head from me sitting right on top of it.
  • Trying to not be a bad mom to Alice even though I am really too tired and hot to do anything. I feel really bad because she wants to go and play, but I just really, really can't face walking up and down my stairs some days. I think this is why Daddies were invented (well, besides for the obvious reasons) he comes home and livens things up for her. I hope that she'll like me again after I'm up and around and not so tired anymore.
  • Trying to crochet a blanket. It's harder than you think because it's hot, and I don't want a blanket on my lap, and Alice LOVES to crochet. This doesn't sound bad, but let's remember that Alice is 2. Her idea of crocheting is to hijack my yarn and needles and create knots that I later have to untangle. But you should see her cute little face when she looks at me and says, "yook, Mommy! I made it!" So I let her, even though I regret it later.
  • Looking at all the recipes I want to make. When I'm not hot and I can actually reach the stove.
All in all, it's not been too bad going at this point. I'm ready to be done, and I'm ready to not be sore and walk like a penguin. Just three more weeks....

1 comment:

  1. How are we ever going to get on without Harry Potter??? I am most looking forward to the day when I can re-read them with Clark, then Harry, then new baby...then after that I will panic for reals.

    ReplyDelete

What It's Like Grading Papers: A Play in Two Scenes

Cast:  • Person #1 • Person #2 • John Doe • Person #3 Person #1 is sitting at a desk, writing something. Person #2 Enters with a Joh...