Thursday, July 19, 2012

Giraffe Blankie

Daisy became attached to a giraffe blankie at my mom's house. You know the kind, super soft minky and satin, like this one?

Carters So Cuddly Green Giraffe Security Lovey

I decided to make one of our own, just to see if I could. Here's the result:


Ummm... I know you're not supposed to say this about your own creations, but CUU-UUTE!

This was my first foray into creating my own pattern, and, true to Sarah form, I didn't write anything down.  So, judging by Trying-to-Duplicate-the-First-Perfect-Ear-Fiasco, I am pretty sure I can't re-create this.  Except for the squares, since I got them in my granny square book.  I feel really old writing "granny square" with the personal adjective of "my" in there.  



Sure.  It's not Minky.  It's not Satin.  But it cost a total of four dollars, since all I had to buy was the skein of green yarn--about half the price if you buy the original at the store.  And I made it for my baby.


And it looks like she is happy with it.  And I have to admit, I'm kind of proud of it myself.

I think my next attempt will be Pocoyo--any maybe this time I'll write the stupid pattern down!


2 comments:

  1. I am super impressed. I want to learn to crochet, but I am intimidated.

    ReplyDelete

What It's Like Grading Papers: A Play in Two Scenes

Cast:  • Person #1 • Person #2 • John Doe • Person #3 Person #1 is sitting at a desk, writing something. Person #2 Enters with a Joh...