Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Nothing Much...

It's that time of year again. The time when I am tired of being home. I know, I know. I never thought I would say this, but I am done with summer break, and I am ready to hit the classroom again. I miss my kids. The only bad thing with this coming school year is that I won't have my same kids. I loved A4. I will dearly miss A4. Hopefully there will be another class that I adore.

This year's schedule is great. 2 sections of Creative Writing (Never been done...my program's growing), 2 sections of co-taught (where I teach with another teacher and half the students are resource) and 2 sections of regular English 10 (YAY! This is what I love. I mean, where else will you find students who fight over reading the part of John Proctor in The Crucible just so they can say "Whore! Whore!" as loud as they can? No where, I tell you.)

This year will be nice and refreshing. For the first thing, I am no longer considered a "new teacher." I have gotten through my third year of teaching, and about to embark on the fourth, and that means I am a seasoned veteren. The other wonderful wonderful thing is that I don't have to be evaluated for another three years!!! Natalie will know that this is certainly a relief. And even better, after year four I will be released from my scholorship/loan obligations! YAY!

I have been wasting away my summer by reading, reading, reading. Reading blogs, reading books, reading fledgling novels written by one of my former Laurels. I am going to work on a "Must Read" book list for anyone who needs a good story. I don't quite know how to do it, but I will somehow. I have read Twilight, the seqeul New Moon, Anne of Green Gables (again), The Secret Life of Bees, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Bridge to Terabithia, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 4, and now I am currently looking for a new one. I still have three weeks left! Any good books?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    It's so good to hear from you! I am sorry about your fertility issues its seems to be a fad right now with alot of my friends. I wish you the best, really.
    Where are you teaching? You sound like you have a fun job English was always my favorite subject till I took it from a lame teacher at SUU. YEah that ended it for me otherwise I would prob be in your position too. COngrats on teaching, especially for 3 years thats awesome.
    Well.. gotta run take care keep bloggin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading the first two Fablehaven books. They are really good, not to complicated of a read. I really like them. I wish I had more time to read. I have been listening to a lot of books on CD at work, I'm on my 200th time through of all the Harry Potter books...they still rock :). I figured out a good solution for you for your boredom, you can come here and work at my work for the rest of the summer and I'll let you work for free! I know, I'm to generous. By the way, i loved Twilight and New Moon, I can't wait for the third ECLIPSE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah! How fun to find you! That blog made me cry... you sound like you have the sweetest husband in the world! How nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blood Sucking Friends, and You Suck is fun. It's another vampire book though. You could read Disco Blood Bath...it's a love story really. :) You can have Elise if you want her. She was a crap head tonight about going to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

What It's Like Grading Papers: A Play in Two Scenes

Cast:  • Person #1 • Person #2 • John Doe • Person #3 Person #1 is sitting at a desk, writing something. Person #2 Enters with a Joh...